Cricket has nearly 1 billion followers globally, with India contributing about 90%. While other sports are popular in India, cricket is the most renowned. India is pleased to have a team of players who have made history through their achievements.
The Indian Premier Competition (IPL), a Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), is in its 15th season this year, which will end on May 29, 2022.
Cricket’s numerous formats are eagerly anticipated and cherished, but the Indian Premier League is the favorite. The Indian Premier League is a T20 cricket league that features ten teams named after Indian cities. The Indian Premier League (IPL) is the world’s most popular and richest cricket league. The IPL is the world’s most famous cricket league. Is it difficult for you to get to the stadium? The Indian Premier League is available to watch on television or via an app. You can create a stadium-like environment when watching IPL on the app. Cheers, screams, and sentiments prevail in a room full of fellow cricket fanatics.
All cricket fans use the IPL app to watch the matches and cheer on their favorite teams and players.
IPL apps provide all the IPL 2022 updates regarding scores in real-time with commentary of every action, latest news, reports, exclusive interviews of all the players, and social media updates.
In this IPL 2022, as die-hard cricket fans, you should be aware of some interesting facts about our special Indian team.
- Originally, Lalit Modi wanted a 50-over format, which BCCI executives thankfully rejected. One of the reasons Indians enjoy the IPL is that it only lasts twenty overs.
- It was so well-known that it was the first sporting event ever to be live-streamed on YouTube in the year 2010.
- Zaheer Khan claimed the first wicket in the 2008 IPL, knocking Sourav Ganguly in the first match.
- In the first year of the IPL, the Rajasthan Royals won.
- Only three Indian players have received the Most Valuable Player title in the IPL since 2008. The first cricketer to win this honor in the Indian Premier League was Tendulkar, who scored 618 runs for the Mumbai Indians during the 2010 season. Two RCB cricketers have received the Most Valuable Player award: Virat Kohli in 2016 and Harshal Patel in 2021. Shane Watson, Sunil Narine, and Andre Russell are three Australian cricketers who have won the tournament twice.
- With 973 runs in 16 matches, including four 100s, Indian cricketer and RCB captain Virat Kohli recorded the most runs in an IPL season.
- More than any other bowler, Piyush Chawla has one of the most disciplined approaches. During his career with the Delhi Capitals, he did not bowl a single no-ball in 386 overs.
- With 104 catches in the IPL, Suresh Raina is the cricketer with the most catches.
- Dwayne Bravo of the Chennai Super kings holds the record for most wickets, with 183 total wickets.